October 29 – November 3
@ Agora Yoga Studio
This course is a Level 2 of 2 to complete a basic beginner Thai massage course following the tradition of Asokananda and the Sunshine Network. Some previous Thai massage training or other bodywork is required.
This course is a great foundation to begin the practice of giving massage. It’s in the practice where the real learning then happens. As a spiritual practice, you will also receive a modality from which you can explore your own self more deeply through the use of touch, connection with others and understanding how to feel energy. As a bodywork practice, you will hours of techniques to use to sequence a massage creatively and suitable for the individual. You will also leave with a strong understanding of the principles of Thai massage, understanding how to apply them and continue the creative and intuitive possibilities of this modality.
Course Contents of Level 2
- Many additional techniques in all the classic positions: supine, side-lying, prone.
- Using side-lying 2 and sitting position.
- Diving deeper into the belly.
- Working with the feet and other parts of the body to give compression.
- Working with movement (dynamic Thai massage) and dropping into stillness (static Thai massage) – understanding the different of qualities between the two.
- Greater understanding of the Sen lines and their therapy applications.
- Creating FLOW by refining our transitions.
- Considerations of planning a treatment and giving bodywork professionally.
Erica has been practicing yoga, spirituality and healing modalities for over 10 years. Having explored other forms of bodywork already, she found a real connection and faith upon discovering Thai Yoga Massage. Erica received her certificate through the Sunshine Network of Thailand in Sunshine House Greece in 2015. This work transformed her through its elements of creativity and groundedness, rooted in a spiritual practice that helps the healing of others as well as ourselves.
Since 2015, she has continued her studies through many different teachers and advanced courses, as well as assisting her teachers. She runs her own practice in Lisbon, Portugal, where giving therapeutic and healing treatments has become her main work and joy.
When & where
October 29 – November 3
@ Agora Yoga Studio – in Lisbon, Portugal
For all six days and print manual – 480 euros. Early bird price available at 450 euros if registered and deposit paid by August 31.
To register, please complete the following form: REGISTRATION FORM.
Alternatively, you can e-mail Erica @ firstname.lastname@example.org